Monday, March 29, 2010

Carrie Underwood on the cover of Allure

So, girl crush #2 in my life (next to Reese Witherspoon) is Carrie Underwood solely based on the fact that her hair and her makeup (Good Lord her MAKEUP) is always flawless. FLAW-LESS.

I was excited to see her on the cover because they always tell which makeup they use. Here is the link to some pics on Allure.com Check it out! If you're looking for a good read, I would get the whole mag in stores. They have some good articles this month.

I really like how she always has this smokey eye, but it's not overpowering. It's also usually more brown than black, which looks a bit better on me as well (blond, fair, etc).

Alas, they used ALL Dior on her for the shoot. Now, it is not beyond me to spend a silly amount of money on makeup, but I am trying very hard to be much better about my budget lately. I just cannot afford Dior. But, they did list the colors so I tried to mimic. I couldn't find the lipstick, so I just started with the eyes (they are my fav anyway). They reported they used an eggshell color to highlight under her brows but didn't list the name. However, eggshell is a pretty standard color that you can find anywhere.

On her:

Dior Ultra-Smooth High Impact Eyeshadow in Bronzy night ($28 at Sephora)
Dior eyeliner in Deep Brown ($28 at Sephora)
What I bought:

Revlon Satin Luxurious Eye Shadow in Polished Bronze ($4.99 at Target or Drugstore.com)

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Cocoa (bonus 2 pack at Target for $6.99 or Walgreens.com)

I'll let you know if I find a match for the lipstick and blush!

Images courtesy of Sephora.com, Walgreens.com, and Drugstore.com

2 comments:

  1. Excellent matching job! Did I ever tell you I knwo her makeup artist? She does her hair and makeup actually, or did it a few years ago. I assume its the same! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That's awesome. Well you tell her makeup artist that her makeup is fabulous--good job! :)

    ReplyDelete