Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Review: PedEgg


I thought I would post a quick review of the PedEgg since I used it this morning and thought "Huh, I should talk about this on the blog"

Anywhos. I'm all about some at-home pedicures. Don't get me wrong, I love the real thing. Especially the ones with the salt scrub on the legs followed by hot towels. Fantastic. I also credit my little Korean manicurist friend here for giving me the correct advice on keeping my toenails looking good even though I run (the key is to keep them trimmed VERY short and neat). Anyway--I'm digressing once again.

Point is, I can't always afford the real pedicure. I've got the painting and such down pat, but the buffing and smoothing isn't quite up to par. I have tried foot scrubs (Got2Be makes a good one with pumice stone and olive oil), pumice stones, etc. I recently bought the PedEgg for $10 at Walgreens, and here is what I think so far.

It does not really compare to the razors at the professional nail shop. However, it does smooth some calluses and improve the overall texture. I think it works better than a plain pumice stone. The instructions say not to use it right after a shower or bath, but I find that actually helps remove calluses better. You just have to be careful not to scrape too hard since your skin is soft coming out of the water. The blades dull pretty quickly, but replacements packs of 3 are available for $10 at Walgreens. I felt like I had to scrub for a good 5 minutes to really see results, but again, it did improve the appearance of my feet a bit.

Bottom line? For $10 it's not a bad deal. It does not compare to the salon, but it will do in a pinch! And since I'm either barefoot or in flip flops every.single.day of the warm months, any little bit will help.

Photo courtesy of Walgreens.com

No comments:

Post a Comment