Monday, July 19, 2010

Lemming alert...Essie Turks and Caicos

Sometimes, I am a beauty product lemming. If I read or hear enough about one thing, even if I know it is probably just a fad, I have to seek it out. This is one of those products. You may have seen this in Allure, or online on different blogs as I have been for a few months now.... It's in the new spring 2010 collection from Essie and is called Turks and Caicos. Yes, it's mid-July I'm late joining the party. Truth be told, I wasn't sure where to buy Essie. Found out I can get it at Trade Secret, Paris Parker Aveda, ULTA (sometimes), and essie.com. It's $8 a bottle, so same price range as OPI.

Anyway, I'm glad I was a lemming, cause I really love this color on my toes for summer. I'm going to the beach this weekend (HOORAY), so I needed something bright. It reminds me of Tiffany blue.

As far as application goes, I think I like OPI or Sally Hansen a little better, but this is still a good product. I definitely needed a base coat, two coats of color, and a top coat though. I probably could have even done with THREE coats of color, but oh well. Overall, I'm pleased with this purchase.

Excuse the lovely foot shot...I really wasn't sure how to take a decent pic but show off the color. Hope it's ok!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I just bought this polish too and texted you a picture of it on my hands! I think I prefer it on feet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i looove that color! think i will have to make a purchase asap!

    ReplyDelete