Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Update on Pantene....

So a few weeks ago I posted about Pantene showing some signs of improving their product line. Feel free to review HERE. I have updates. They are sad updates. I tried a few days or so each of the Medium-Thick Frizzy to Smooth Shampoo and the Color Preserve Shine Shampoo and Color Preserve Shine Conditioner.

I give the Color preserve shine about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. While it DID make my hair appear shiny, the texture was way out of whack. It felt stripped down and squeaky, if that makes any sense. It only took about 4 days of use for me to stop using this one. I started to get nervous of breakage. So, won't be buying this again.

The Medium-thick shampoo I will rate a little higher at about a 6. When I blow dried my hair it was pretty dang straight without much effort. But again, something was just not right with the texture and shine. Now instead of being squeaky and shiny, it's kinda dull. It just doesn't FEEL right, you know what I mean? And no amount of conditioner helped. So, I doubt I purchase this again. I may keep it around to use as emergency backup shampoo, but otherwise I'm going back to my expensive Brocato brand.

Kinda bums me out! I was all excited for a cheaper shampoo option. HOWEVER, the styling cream I previously mentioned still works great. So maybe for now Pantene is getting it right with the products but isn't quite there with the shampoo.

Did any of you try it and have a better experience?? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I tried it and I have to say, i had the same bad experience. It makes my hair dull, dry and i have had to cut out a few dreads since using this shampoo & conditioner! dang!

    ReplyDelete