Thursday, September 10, 2009

Speaking of sales

So I also am a clothes addict. I have been doing pretty good at keeping myself in check since returning to grad school, but I still love to shop...so I have gotten very good at scouring for sales. The majority of my closet comes from Ann Taylor LOFT and Banana Republic, to be honest. Lately both have been having some good sales...I got a long black cardigan from BR online for $10.91. That's right. $10. It was originally $60, but after the store sale, online shipping coupon, AND some rewards cards I got it down to $10. Here's the secret with BR online...you can use all your reward cards at once...they won't let you do this in store. So if you see something in the store that you love but would like even more savings get it online.

As for Ann Taylor LOFT they are practically GIVING away clothes. Don't buy stuff there unless it's on sale (or if you MUST MUST have it and are scared they won't have your size) because likely it will be on sale very shortly after you purchase. My friend and I got sweaters there for $15 (originally $39.50) and I got two long sleeve shirts for $15 each. They rotate their sales fairly quickly, but you can always check online or call the store before going to see what is going on that week.

And the fall colors? SO UP MY ALLEY. Rosy pinks, purples, jade green, greys, nudes...If I had the cash I would probably buy everything in BR and LOFT right now. But alas, I have to hold off on most (like we all do!)...but check for sales for sure, there are plenty out there while the recession is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment