Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Allure's recommendation for cleaning out the ole' makeup bag


Since it's the new year, and a lot of people (well, ME at least) obsessively clean out stuff more often than just "spring cleaning"...also consider cruising through the makeup drawer and purging the old stuff.

Allure has a good blog post HERE with some suggestions. The one I forget the most is lipstick. I've talked about the grossness of that before...anywho. I plan to go through my lipstick again when I get home. I went through my nail polish, brushes, and eyeliner already. Another thing I need to tackle is the bag of sample size stuff, Clinique bonuses, and misc freebies. Some of those freebies are OLD and need to be trashed since I'm obviously not going to use them!

Mascara is already on my radar...I toss and replace every three months. To help me remember, I put a small piece of tape on the bottom of a new tube with the date (i.e. 1/10) so I know when it's kaput. If it's starts to get kinda clumpy or dried out, I think you may have waited too long. And trust me...if you ever DO get something in your mascara...like I did where my eye itched for two weeks and I got a sty (I know, TMI, but it's true)...then you will also be on the 3 month bandwagon.

1 comment:

  1. Great article! I need to do that as well. Dont forget sell lots of samples on ebay! Those are real popular.

    ReplyDelete