Sunday, September 26, 2010

Things I wish I had thought of first

I don't know why I can't think of stuff like this first, but I can't. But it's straight genius. So. This pic to the left is from this weekend. I went to visit my friend K in Houston, and we were going to the Houston Ballet. I would like to draw your attention to my feet------------>>.    Yeaah buddy check these bad boys out. These are the highest pair of heels I have ever purchased. The men in the house were impressed, but concerned. I was asked "Can you actually walk in those?" Ha. Yes, for the record I could walk. These are in no way, shape, or form "going out" shoes...they are walk to a restaurant, sit down, walk to the ballet, sit down. :) BUT they are so cute that they are worth it.
Anywho. This post is not really about these shoes, but about how I managed with these shoes. I came upon a new product at Rite Aid...Dr. Scholl's For Her Fast Flats. Flats in a bag, gals. It's awesome. So they come in this handy clutch, which fit in my small purse. The clutch was slightly bigger than my cell phone with the shoes in it.

If your feet get tired, or it's raining and you need to run, or WHATEVER, you just pull them out of the bag...and viola! Instant flats. These things saved me from an almost certain fall down the stairs at the Houston Ballet. When I got up for intermission, I didn't want to trip over everyone ELSE trying to squeeze out of their seats and shuffle up the stairs. So I slyly pushed my real shoes waaay under my seat and slipped these bad boys on. Made things much easier! They would also be great for work. Stash these in your work bag or in your desk, and you have a backup in case a new pair of shoes (or an old pair for that matter) causes problems. For all my mommy friends out there these would also fit in a diaper bag, and you wouldn't even notice they were there.

The fabric and sole are thin, so if you abuse them (i.e. try to wear them as real shoes), they may not hold up. They are normally $12.99 but currently on sale at Rite Aid for $9.99. I highly, HIGHLY recommend. Sure wish I had thought of it. I'd be RICH. :)

2 comments:

  1. what a great idea indeed! BTW I bought some of the pantene products you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you like the Pantene...I'm trying the Color shampoo and conditioner now, and I like it.

    ReplyDelete