Monday, February 21, 2011

Covergirl SmokyShadow Blast

So I had a couple extra bucks in my pocket this weekend and decided to try out a couple of new beauty products for fun. The first one I'd like to review is the Covergirl SmokyShadow Blast. I purchased "Bronze Fire" (dark brown and cream) at Rite Aid for ~$8.

Photo: www.covergirl.com
First, the set-up. Step 1, which goes over your whole lid is a rounded tip, and step 2, which goes along the lash line and in the crease is more pointed. Both sides are the consistency of typical wet eyeshadow or wet blush...fairly thin, definitely not like lipstick. It goes on smoothly, but I had to use my finger to blend it all in. I also needed regular eyeliner...the second step is not really eyeliner at all.

It looks pretty good going on, although it was a little bit light. At the end of today (4 pm) I can still see it some, but the "smoky" effect is definitely blended away. It's definitely not a substitute for a proper smoky eye with normal eyeshadow. For a weekday though, it works. It also would be a good tool to throw in your purse as a "back-up" tool for last minute plans or surprise work meetings where you need to freshen up your look. Also, it would be a good tool in a gym bag; that way if you shower and get ready at the gym you don't have to tote a ton of eyeshadow tools with you.

Overall, I give this a B- for ease of use but points off for light application and not staying on very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment