Sunday, February 13, 2011

Help me choose!

Gals I am going to a Mardi Gras ball in two weeks. After 6 years in Louisiana I am FINALLY getting around to checking this off my list. It's not a big fancy one like the ones in NOLA, but it's definitely a good one for Baton Rouge! :) And I never, repeat NEVER, get  the chance to be dressed up or anything. 99% of my time is spent in gym clothes and lounge-wear these days...needless to say, I'm pumped.

So this is a pic of me and T from 2007 at my sister's debutant ball in the dress that I will wear. Cute dress, but I gotta say it's not one of my most outstanding hair and makeup moments. Very plain. I would like to actually look like I am attending a ball from the neck up this time. I am not going for an updo...T is not a huge fan, and it costs more at the salon to get an updo. It needs to be a style that can survive though. I get it styled at noon, but the ball isn't til evening, and I will be outside for a parade at some point as well So...what say you? Let me know in the comments what you think. If you can't see my profile pic, my hair is longer now than in 2007...about to my collarbone.
All photos courtesy of People.com

I'm kinda thinking one of the Glee girls, what do you think?? If you have any better ideas, please let me know. Also. Makeup ideas...I am thinking smokey eye with neutral lip, and a steel grey nail polish. Yay or nay?

5 comments:

  1. Im voting for the glee gurl top left and I think you should wear pretend eyelashes too! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the blonde glee girl. i think you should do old hollywood curls with your hair pinned back on the sides. make up sounds great, although i would add some color to your lips. nothing over the top, but maybe a shade of red or burgundy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i agree with laura-wear some fancy eyelashes. maybe not do alot of eye makeup, wear lashes and have some fierce lips! ha you know i'm all about the red lips these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...Coco you may be right. Maybe I should go simple on the eyes and rock a major lip! I never do that...would definitely be different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. go for it gurl! loreal infallible lipstick is the best. it lasts ALL DAY LONG and it doesnt dry out your lips! i have it in 3 colors. the red lips i was rockin in those pics on fb is the "beyonce's red". lurve it!

    ReplyDelete