Friday, March 11, 2011

Winter vaca 2011...aka how I saved my skin

Hi all. Sorry as usual for the lack of posts, I actually have quite a few products I want to comment on, but haven't had the time! Hopefully the next month or so I will get better about it. (I do say this every month don't I? Well. Here's hoping).

Enough rambling. I wanted to share with you a pretty old school product that basically saved my face on my vacation. T and I just returned from our week-long ski trip to Steamboat Springs, CO. It was absolutely fabulous, and I am very depressed to be home and working again. However, I do feel better in being a little more prepared this year to deal with the cold, wind, and altitude change! Last year it took about 2 weeks for my skin to recover, but this year I feel normal already! Here's some tips for any winter vacations you may have in the future.

1. Get a humidifier in your hotel room. I know. Any readers outside of the south are probably laughing at me, but whatever. I am Southern through and through, and my skin, sinuses, and eyes just CANNOT handle the dry, cold air. Last year I was miserable by day 2...this year the FIRST thing I did was ask the hotel for a humidifier, which they promptly provided so I must not be the only person in need! I may complain about the humidity when my hair is in full on freak out, but I sure do appreciate it when I'm NOT in the steamy South!

2. Chapstick. Copious amounts. No brainer.

3. Visine. I had two bottles--one in my ski pants pocket and one in the hotel. Again. Copious amounts.
www.walgreens.com $5

4. Aquaphor. This is the old school product but by God, it's GENIUS. It's basically straight Vaseline on your face, but I guarantee you will wake up in the morning with all traces of windburn GONE. Lifesaver this trip. Lifesaver.







 


5. Sunscreen. Just because it's snowing does not mean you don't need sunscreen. I'm in LOVE with Neutrogena Ultra sheer SPF 70. Best. Sunscreen. EVER.








I did not have any of these items last year except the sunscreen, and I was pretty miserable with the dry skin and such by the last day. I was a bit #fail on my hair this trip, it's dry and a bit messed up now so I'm going to work this week on repairing that mess. Maybe next year I'll get skin AND hair down. :)

Now I have officially had my fill of winter...bring it ON Spring!!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew about aquaphor till I had piggles and I have to admit it is AMAZING stuff!

    ReplyDelete