Saturday, March 26, 2011

We need to chat about E.L.F. For reals.

Time to end the bloggy silence of the past few weeks. So I have blogged before about E.L.F. (eyes lips face), but never really got around to trying their products. For those who didn't read the old post, the premise of this company is that every product is $1. That's it. Good quality, LOOOOWW price. What's not to like, right? Anywho, they caught my eye in Target a few times, but I'm like a child in there easily distracted by shiny things (read: cheap clothes, swimsuits, handbags, candles, home decor, etc etc. You know how it goes down in Target. You know.). However, my trip Friday night I couldn't resist this nail set...for FIVE DOLLARS. 5...dollars....:
 
I mean, shut up. One BOTTLE of OPI is $9 on sale. And these colors are totally with the trends of the season (two pastels, a coral, and two purplish pinks)...FOR FIVE DOLLARS. (Obviously I'm impressed with this price point)


Anyway, I bought it. When I got home I thought, "I'll bet these are going to be crappy quality" You know what? They really aren't at all! As you can see in the pics below, the bottle width is thinner than NARS, but no smaller overall than other nail polishes. The colors on my nails below are one coat only. I apologize for the photo quality, but just take my word for it that I am DYING over the pastel blue and purple and that coral orange on my middle finger. I'm having a hard time not changing my polish daily. The brushes make an even coat, and when I did my normal clear base, two coats, and top coat on my toes with the blue, it turned out just fine. I was complimented numerous times today on my pedicure color, so that's a great sign. On my nails I might do three coats, but for the price you can afford to do as many coats as you want.

All in all, I'm impressed. I really wondered about the quality with the price point, but have been pleasantly surprised. I plan to try out some of the other products. For a dollar each, you can really try EVERYTHING and not feel the least bit bad about throwing it out if you hate it. Let me know in the comments if any of you have tried this brand! If they keep throwing out products like this, they are definitely going to have a new fan-girl on their hands!!

E.L.F. is available online and at Target.


P.S. I edited the blog text, layout, etc today. I know most people are probably reading through RSS feed, but if you aren't and the new text/layout/etc is hard to read, PLEASE let me know. I like the way it looks but the readers preferences trump my decisions! Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the new blog look! I also like elf products, especially their makeup brushes ( eyeshadow)

    ReplyDelete