Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Repairing broken eyeshadows!

Hi all! I wanted to share a little trick I found on the interwebs to repair broken eyeshadow. I returned from a plane trip last Friday only to find one of my Stila shadows shattered in the pan. Sad! So I searched on line and determined it was actually ridiculously easy to salvage. I totally didn't think about the blog-usefulness of this topic and didn't take pictures during the process, but it's pretty easy to explain. All you need is a Q-tip, Kleenex, a quarter (or your finger), and rubbing alcohol.

1. Take a Qtip and clean off around the tin, collecting what you can of the broken bits back into the eyeshadow tin.

2. Using a dropper, add a few drops of rubbing alcohol at a time to the shadow. You want it damp but not soaking.

3. Place a Kleenex on top and lightly press with your finger (or a quarter if that is the size of the tin) to set the eyeshadow.

4. Let it air dry a bit so the alcohol will evaporate and viola! Good to go! Here's my final result, the repaired tin is the olive green, bottom right.

If you need step-by-step pictures, just google it! You'll get a ton of hits, just like I did! I think my next project will be to turn some of my powder shadows to cream...will keep you posted.

2 comments: