Monday, November 9, 2009

Review: Stila stuff

So a little bit ago I posted about the Stila Appreciation Set. Well, I broke down and ordered it. Ok, so first of all it REALLY was a good deal (HELLOOOO? $38 for like $150 of stuff? I couldn't resist that folks, you know that...my inner product junkie couldn't take it). To my surprise, all were full size, not samples like you would get with a bonus. So here's what came with it, and my review in no particular order:

Baked Eye Shadow Trio - Gold Glow:
I'm digging it. It may be a little summery, but I can definitely use it. I especially like the darkest color in the trio, which is this cool brown/bronze.

Kajal Eye Liner - Topaz
: Ok, so this is a bit of a strange color for eyeliner in my opinion. I'm also super pale, so it may not show up...but I could use it as a creme eye color...these Kajal eyeliners are VERY smudgy. Good in some ways, but a bit difficult to get a precise line. So if you're a precise-line kinda gal, I would go with another liner altogether. I have this liner in charcoal and purple...so I know.



Illuminating Finishing Powder - Rose Gold: This one is fun. It gives my skin a glow. Like the eyeshadow, it may be a bit more summer, but still good stuff!


Lash Visor - Brown: Haven't tried this yet, but looks like pretty standard mascara to me.

Plumping Lip Glaze - Minty Mint
: Hm, ok so I'm a little indifferent on this one. Applying is a little messy...and wear is a little messy. It does that whole burn-your-lips-plumping thing like it's supposed to, but I don't think I'll purchase again.

Long Wear Lip - Flushed
: I like the lipstick and the way it feels, but not a huge fan of the really light pink...but I wasn't given the option on the color, so oh well. I plan to mix with a darker color, and it should be fine. Feels nice though, almost like SoftLips chapstick.



Pressed Powder - Medium: Cute compact. Plain powder, nothing really special.

Lip Rouge - Pucker
: Ummmm....yeah. Not a fan. This I will probably just throw out. It's like a marker, seriously. And the color is this whacked-out fuschia, which just doesn't work for me. And they don't say it but it STAINS your lips...and I mean use make-up remover to get it really off.

Eye Pencil Sharpener:
Standard. My old one got lost though, so hey. Not a bad throw-in to the mix!

So. Winner? The powders and eye shadows. Losers? The lipsticks, especially that strange stain.


Disclosure: I bought this myself from Sephora. Pics from www.stilacosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment