Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Summer, we're breaking up

Dear Summer. It's not you. It's me. I just can't handle the extreme heat, humidity, and daily rainstorms anymore. I appreciate you showing up after that super cold winter and all, but we've reached the end of our road together. I know August isn't over for 3 more days, but I'm done. Plus, I'm interested in someone new. His name is Fall.

Fall took me out, showed me all these adorable new clothes. He bought me skinny jeans yesterday at the mall. And a scarf. He showed me lovely purple/violet eyeshadows on the horizon. He showed me BOOTS. Boots I tell you. I can't resist that. (Side note--Fall is a little metrosexual. He may even be gay with his love of makeup and fashion. I don't care. I love him anyway).

But oh Summer...he really got me with this. NAIL POLISH. I kinda obsess over nail polish in general, but this fall's colors are basically bowling me over. I adore them. More than I adored coral and turquoise blue polish. This fall it's all about greige, eggplant, browns, and mauves! See for example, the Essie collection ($6.50 each, $17 for a four pack at Nordstrom):
Courtesy of Just Beauty Supplies
And this runway look from CND in 2010. This, my friend, is the color GREIGE. It's my new fav color.
Courtesy of Allure Daily Beauty Reporter
Now, I'm no big spender on nail polish. OPI and Essie are the top of my price point at $9 a pop. If I was, however, I'd buy Chanel's Paradoxal ($50)
Photo courtesy Amazon
So here's what I have for fall in my current collection (I told you I was already interested in Fall)

Left to Right: Revlon Plum Night (good copy of Chanel Paradoxal, $6.99 drugstores), OPI Matte Lincoln Park After Dark (on sale $6 at Trade Secret), Sephora by OPI Meet You for Drinks ($9 Sephora), Sephora by OPI Metro Chic ($9 Sephora), Sephora by OPI Under my Trench Coat (My absolute FAV. It is impossible to find an outfit this color doesn't go with. $9 Sephora).

Here they are on. Same order L to R. The OPI matte collection might not be for everyone, since you are not supposed to use a topcoat. However, if the matte just throws you off, add that topcoat and it looks like normal!

I will probably get something from the Essie collection (maybe the brown), but for now I will work with what I have in transition. My toes went plum last night. I credit the drop from 97 F to 80 F as the final break point for me. YAY FALL!!


p.s. Summer, check back with me around, oh, April and May 2011. You know how flighty I can be. I'll want to get back together by then.

1 comment:

  1. This was my most fav blog post you have ever done! and I agree with all you said! i painted my nails purple yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete