Friday, January 21, 2011

Pantone Color of the Year

As my second cold of the season sets in, combined with my graceful spill on the ice in Nash, and the in general dreariness of it all I started looking for something to perk up my days. I'm not quite ready to give up fall and winter makeup, but I may have to sneak in Pantone's color of the year, Honesuckle, here and there.

What's this color of the year business? Well, Pantone is a company that provides, among other things, a standard for colors that printing, design, and other industries. In other words, if one company wants to print something in red, they can use the Pantone system to select and standardize their colors. They release color reports identifying color trends to coincide with Fashion weeks (SPRING 2011 HERE) And that, is where this post comes in. I personally love this color. Now, I am no fashionista so I won't even get into suggestions for clothes; although, I will state that I may become slightly obsessed with locating a dress in this exact color for my BFF's May wedding. Strapless. Just sayin. (If you see one, holla...)



But imagine this color on cheeks, lips, and nails...I know, RIGHT? So cute. I may have to sneak some on my toes this winter. No one will know but me, but sometimes it's the little things that can brighten your day! I found three items below that are along the right color lines: Nars blush in Desire ($28), OPI Polish in Ladies and Magenta-men ($9), and Korres lip butter in Quince ($10).


I personally will stay away from the color on my nails until spring, but I'm all about it on my lips and incorporating into outfits (cami under a sweater, scarf...again, not a fashion maven here, but it could be cute!) Hope you are all staying warm and cozy...and if you need a pick me up, maybe this is just the ticket for you!

Update: Not two seconds after I posted this I found this Allure blog in my reader on the same thing! See gals, I really AM up on the times! They have some better tips about selecting the right tone for you, along with some pictures. So continue your lesson in 2011's "hot color" HERE.

Photo credits: Pantone.com, Shaun Kearney for Cynthia Steffe / The PANTONE Fashion Color Report, Sephora.com, NARScosmetics.com,

1 comment:

  1. Love it! and sorry about your ice spill and cold. Apparently we lead paralell lives as I too have my 2nd cold and fell HARD on some black ice. My entire right side hurts.

    ReplyDelete