Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How to save on...

If any of you are as broke as me (and well, the whole economy is crap so I KNOW you are)...then these little tips are pretty useful. I'm shamelessly taking from Allure's June issue. I'm leaving out alot so check out the June issue if you want more!

How to save on haircuts:
1. Trim your own bangs (scary, I know. But I learned how to do mine enough to make it just a little bit longer. My hairdresser calls me a "Bang Surgeon" :) Anyway, the key is that you must (I mean MUST) buy actual hair shears. If this is just too much for you...most hair dressers will give you a little trim for free in between appointments. Just ask!
2. Learn new techniques and buy the real stuff...i.e. get your hairdresser to show you how to do stuff. I watch mine like a hawk. Also, spend a little money and buy the equipment they use...they are better in some cases (hello? CHI straightener vs. Conair? No contest).

How to save on color:
1. Try a glaze. I've used John Frieda before from Walgreens both the blond and the clear, and it helps make my color shiny again. Adds a little time in between appointments.
2. Try a toner or leave a little more of your real color. Both are quicker than all over color and/or highlights. Needs to be done in a salon typically though.
3. Actually use shampoo and conditioner for colored hair. I'm guilty of not doing this enough. Since I've started L'Oreal though (mentioned previously) I gotta say that my color is looking better longer. So I'm going to stick with it.

Again the June issue has even more on nails, skin, and waxing...I don't spend much in that area, so I can't comment much!

Happy Savings!

1 comment:

  1. I just tried the Frederic Fekkai
    Salon Glaze and thought it was great...honestly better than the clear gloss treatments I've had at the salon! It's $28 for 5oz...I have tons of hair and I think I can probably get 5-7 uses out of this...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete