Thursday, July 16, 2009

How to fight the airplane funk and survive 8 hour flights

So I recently returned from a 10 day class/conference in the U.K. Tried some new things on the plane to attempt to not feel and look like a trainwreck upon de-planing. Here are some things that helped!


Well, I have to first issue the disclaimer that on the way over I had the WHOLE ROW to myself. Being able to stretch out and actually lie down does wonders for dealing with this kind of flight. But I also took some tips from different flights/blogs/beauty articles.
1. Back off on the make up to start I didn't wear a lot to begin with. Just some tinted moisturizer, a little bit of light eyeliner and shadow, waterproof mascara, and chapstick. Didn't want to have a major breakout.
2. Eye drops.
Tons of eye drops every time I even thought my eyes might feel dry. Pick whatever brand you prefer. I like Refresh (in the green bottle)
3. Chapstick. Ok, this is obvious. There may not be a better beauty product on the planet over chapstick, but that's a whole other story.I have a chapstick addiction to begin with, but I made sure I had a tube in my purse AND carry-on. Just in case.
4. Clinique All About Eyes I dabbed this under my eyes pretty frequently. It's light, so you can dab i on over makeup. It definitely combated the puffiness and dark circles.

5. Dry shampoo. See previous post on this wonderful stuff. Degreased my bangs in one shot.
6. "Getting ready for bed" As soon as I was done with dinner and ready to try and sleep for a good bit, I went to the restroom and "washed" my face with a Dove cleansing cloth. I also brushed my teeth. Then I dabbed on moisturizer, chapstick, and All About Eyes and crashed out.
7. Reapply About an hour before landing, I put tinted moisturizer and mascara back on. Used some tinted lip balm and was ready to go.

Now, I won't say I looked fabulous. But I didn't look like I had been run over. I tested this whole thing on the return trip. I was being lazy, and didn't fool with all of my little tips. And I looked a HOT MESS when I got to Philly. :) So. If you are traveling a long way some of these small tips may help you out some!

Post your tricks of the trade in the comments section! I'm sure I don't know all the cool things that can be done and would love to hear new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Does dry shampoo mean no wetting of the head? Yikes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete