Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hug your scientist friend. He or She can make you pretty!


My friend Naz told me about this. It's new at Sephora, and I plan to try it out. It's called Living Proof. It's for fighting dreaded frizz! And for anyone in the humid, humid South...well you know all about this never ending battle.

Now here's the cool part. It was developed by a team led by Dr. Bob Langer at MIT. Now, I am not in tissue engineering, but I have friends at Vanderbilt who are. And he is apparently a super big shot in this area (among others). They are using new molecules to help fight frizz over the old standard silicone, which just weighs your hair down and eventually makes it limp and/or greasy. Sounds like a interesting idea to me!

I think Sephora may be doing some specials or sending out samples right now if you'd like to try it. I will probably try this in the near future, so if I do, I will post results. (Naz's hair looked really good, so at first glance it seems to work!)

So as I said--love your scientist friends and be glad we are so very nerdy. Saving lives and making hair pretty. Gotta love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment