Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All About Eyes

Just got my Allure in, and they have a good article about various moisturizers which I will blog more about later as I have time to test some of the drug store brands. (LaMer is in there, but you know, at $625 for an ounce this girl will be sticking with the cheap brands).


I digress. There WAS a department store brand I realized I hadn't mentioned yet. Clinique All About Eyes. I lurve this stuff. I was informed a few years ago by the Clinique lady that I had "very thin under-eye skin" (which is why you can see ALL my veins. Gross. I know.) and that I "MUST" start using some sort of cream, even if it wasn't Clinique. Well, wouldn't you know it the "all about eyes" came with the bonus that time. So I tried it out and really haven't switched since. It's this strange mix between lotion and gel. The "Rich" version IS more like lotion though, so if you have very dry skin I would go with this one. I only use it at night, but sometimes I will mix the teeny tiniest little dab with under eye concealer or foundation...it moisturizes my eyes AND helps the makeup go on smooth so I don't get that "She totally has on concealer cause it's cracking" look kickin.

So it's $28.50 for 0.5 oz, but this stuff really lasts for me because, again, I only use it at night. And it's so rich that you don't need much to do the job. HOWEVER...if you already buy Clinique they put this stuff in the bonuses all.the.time. I seriously have gone through a sample tube, a 0.25 oz rich version, and I'm still working on the 0.5 oz...all from bonuses. So if you want to test without a big commitment, keep your eyes peeled for a bonus. (Dillards is having one in March I think, but I don't know what is in the bonus pack yet). Or, just splurge and get it. Worth the money!

It was a winner in Glamour and Allure, btw. So people other than me have tested it out as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment