Monday, February 15, 2010

Things I didn't know...but sure wish I had earlier!


Um, so did any of you know that Rite Aid takes returns? As in you bought a beauty product...ANY product...and didn't like it so you can return it for a full refund?

CAUSE THEY DO.

I bought my husband some hair pomade...but accidentally bought the wrong one. We realized once it was opened and being used that it made his hair all Backstreet-boys-circa-99 shiny. Not cool. But I still had the receipt and had seen a small sign last time I was in there about returns. I thought surely they wouldn't take something back that was opened AND used. Wrong...they totally did! $18 bucks (yep, boys have expensive products too) right back in my pocket. I'm pretty sure they just toss the opened products, so you don't have to worry about getting something that someone else has used there.

Of course, be reasonable on your returns. It needs to be pretty obvious that you either never used it or only used it once. Otherwise I doubt they will take it back.

Soooo...lesson learned. If you are trying out something new--lipstick, foundation, shampoo--and realize pretty quickly that it's not going to work, at least at Rite Aid you can return!

1 comment: