Friday, June 25, 2010

Matrix Biolage Delicate Care Organic Certified Oil

Remember VO5 Hot Oil from back in the 80s and 90s? Well, one of the products I got in my Allure beauty bag is a bit of a throwback to that...Biolage Delicate Care Organic Certified Oil. It is designed to preserve colored hair and repair sun and other damage. You can put it on before shampooing, like I did, or you can put it on after home coloring (Coco, you may want to test it out!). I also found this blog review The Mourning Reviews, where the author discusses using it as a touch-up for shine. I don't know about this...it's straight oil so I can see adding it to dry hair and things going awry!

Here are the steps for pre-shampoo use:
1. Apply to dry hair before shampooing from mid length to ends. I didn't really soak my hair, I just put enough to make it look a little damp.

2. Apply heat for 5-10 min. I just ran the hair dryer over it for about 5 min.
3. Shampoo, condition, and style as usual. My end pic is below. I will say that I used my straightener, so this is not the result after just blow drying.

 In general, my hair does feel pretty smooth and soft, but not much more than using a thick conditioner. It's not any shiner than normal. Perhaps a longer heat treatment or starting with more damage would show a greater difference. I do like the product, and will probably use this whole bottle, but I doubt I go searching for it in the salons. From the prices I see online, it runs as high as $25 for this little 1.7 oz bottle. However, I used the tiniest amount today, so I can see this stuff lasting ages.

Disclosure: I bought this myself. I wasn't paid to review this, but if anyone out there wants to give me a job reviewing beauty swag I'd be glad to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment