Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Review: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

Hi all! Sorry for the semi-delay in postings. Haven't tried much new stuff lately, so haven't had much to discuss. I wanted to tell y'all about my results with Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. For starters, it's $8.99 at Walgreens, which is a pretty decent price for Revlon. The product claims to "compliment the natural lash growth cycle" and "94% of women instantly see longer lashes" (but isn't that what mascara is supposed to do?) Ok.

So I tested it out. While I have not been using it long enough to determine that it "complements the growth cycle" I highly doubt this claim. It's not like it has Latisse in it or anything. I bought the waterproof version, but it easily came off with makeup remover. It did make my lashes look very long and thick, so in that respect this mascara is a winner. There were issues though. First, it's clumpy and somewhat hard to apply evenly. You know how when mascara is getting a little old it gets harder to work with? This is like that right off the bat. Second, it's flaky. I noticed black mascara flakes around my eyes after wearing all day. Third, the flakiness led to itchy eyes.

In general, I give this mascara a 4 out of 10. When it was on, it looked great, but the clumpiness and flakiness were too much to contend with. I doubt I purchase again...in fact, I doubt I even finish the current tube.


Photo courtesy of www.walgreens.com

No comments:

Post a Comment