Monday, January 17, 2011

Bring some shine into your life (or at least your hair)

So maybe it's winter, maybe it's me, but I've noticed my hair has been looking super dull lately. It's no secret that I color my hair, but I'm on hiatus until my stylist comes off maternity leave (maybe. I'm not sure I can make it that long, but I'm going to try). However, yesterday in Walgreens I came upon this product:
Photo from drugstore.com
I am not new to the world of glazes; I tried John Freida a few years ago. That brand worked pretty well as far as shine goes, but didn't smell very good, the texture was more of a gel than anything else, and after using my hair was somewhat "squeaky" if you know what I mean. I hadn't used anything in a long time, so I thought about trying this. It was $6.99 ($6.00 at drugstore.com) for 4 oz, but that's not too bad for Aveeno. I have tried Aveeno active naturals shampoo without much success, but I was willing to give it a shot.

I'm glad I did, because so far I really like it. You just apply it post shampoo & conditioner in the shower, let it set 2-3 min, and rinse. Easy! Shine example to the right taken with my camera phone.

I didn't use any products post shower and didn't apply any heat tools other than the hair dryer and a round brush to try and make it look better. Pretty good, huh? Another bonus is the light and flowery scent (hence the "active naturals" I suppose). Also, it's a cream, so it goes on your hair easily in the shower, just like a conditioner would. When I combed through my hair I had zero tangles, which my expensive conditioner can't even do, giving it BIG points in my book as well. The only concern is there didn't seem to be many available on the shelves; I don't know if this is a new product Aveeno is marketing, or one that isn't doing well. I guess I'll have to wait and see on that.

The goal is to help extend color, not totally replace having your hair colored, and at first glance it seems to do the trick. I will report back if it washes out tomorrow, but otherwise I give this product a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment