Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No exciting links this Tuesday. How about a review?

This week was sloooww in beauty blog world, so no links this Tuesday. I do, however, have a new review! I have been meaning to write about it for over a week, and just got some free time to do so. I am happy to announce the re-birth of a 1990s FAVE of mine...the Clinique chubby stick. If any of you remember the original, it was a chubby little lipliner/lipstick combo in one that you had to sharpen like a lipliner. When they discontinued I was so sad to lose my super dark, wine-toned shade, Grapevine. I was so  tragic and unfortunate looking  hip and grunge back then ya know. BUT despite the uber dark shades, it really was a cool little product! Well, thankfully it's BACK. And BETTER.
Photo courtesy of clinique.com
The new chubby sticks are swivel, so you don't have to worry about sharpening. They come in a range of sheer, bright colors that are super fun. I had read excellent reviews about it HERE at Styleist and HERE at Beauty Blogging Junkie, so I finally bit the bullet and purchased a few weeks ago. I purchased Chunky Cherry and Whole Lotta Honey. Chunky Cherry is shown below (hopefully you can see the fun cherry tone!)

OMIGAH I LOVE THESE THINGS. They are light, the color is perfect (as IF Clinique lipstick would be anything but), and they don't dry out my lips. They are as easy to apply as Chapstick. Whole Lotta Honey was an impulse buy, and I am SO glad I bought it. It is the BEST neutral lipstick I have ever purchased. Ever. I even layered it with chunky cherry, and it looked great! They do need reapplying, especially after eating or drinking, but since they are described as a "balm" that shouldn't come as a huge shock.

These sticks can be found wherever Clinique is sold. The department stores were sold out at my mall, but trusty Sephora had plenty. They are $15, and totally worth it. 

1 comment: