Sunday, May 16, 2010

Review: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure


Hi gals. So I've been to Sephora AND Rite Aid today, so hopefully over the next few weeks I will have a bunch of reviews. I've been a bit of a slacker lately, I know, but this girl is trying her damnedest to stay on a beauty budget. It was tough in Sephora today, but I do have a few finds and a list of things to try soon! Anywhos.

In keeping with my budget, I tried Sally Hansen Total Manicure today. $10.99 at Rite Aid. It is supposed to be every coat of a normal manicure in one bottle, and I think it lives up to its name! I tried "I Pink I Can", shown in the picture. In two coats, I got shiny, even coverage. It has a good application brush that covers almost the whole nail in one swipe, which is very good for getting a smooth coat.

I've got it on my toes and nails, so we'll see how long it lasts! So far, I'm very pleased. Two coats got me exactly what I normally get with four (base, two color, top). I mean, it's not OPI, but it is very good for Rite Aid. I would say it's better than Revlon, which is my other drugstore go-to brand.

I think this is also great for vacation/traveling. You can touch-up easily with just one bottle. Also, I have eighty-bajillion pregnant friends right now...just think gals, your husband may not be all about pampering you a pedicure with 4 complicated coats...but two? Even a dude can do that. :)

They have lots of cute colors, brights and neutrals...and I saw a NEON YELLOW that LG aka Keisha would LOVE. Neon!! I'll be interested to see what the fall colors are, but the summer ones are very fun! :)

Enjoy ladies!!

Update: Day 2 of manicure with two coats. I have shopped, cleaned, cooked, used a drill, used a hammer, went to the gym, worked on my computer all day (read:lots of typing) AND did laundry. Manicure status? One tiny chip in my thumb, and that was my fault for trying to pry something open. I fixed that this morning, and it looks good as new. Great product!

1 comment:

  1. You must keep me posted on how it lasts! I always have liked Sally as my backup OPI and indeed bought some SAlly in GOLD last week. I really have enjoyed it so far. I did the old fashioned 4 coats though. If your new kind works well I will be getting that neon one!

    ReplyDelete